D-Prize Empowerment For Aspiring Entrepreneur | Are you an Aspiring entrepreneur that can help alleviate extreme poverty? D-Prize wants to award you up to 20000 in seed capital to start a new organization that address
poverty challenges. How to Apply, Read through.
D-Prize seeds new ventures that distribute proven poverty interventions. The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet we have found many proven interventions with large delivery gaps. Millions of people still don’t have access to basic poverty-fighting tools.
Can you design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale? Submit your design for a new organization that solves one of our Distribution Challenges below. We will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
- The D-Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization wherever extreme poverty exists, with a goal to serve millions in the years ahead.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of our awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
- Organizers are only able to evaluate applications submitted in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. They only want to understand your idea.
Select a challenge below to learn more.
- Public Service
D-Prize Challenge Evaluation Process:
- Round 1: Submit your concept note and resume(s). They generally receive 1700 submissions per competition.
- Round 2: Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full proposal. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
- Final Round: Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
- Launch: You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
The Global Competition launches on April 4, 2022.
Early Submission Deadline is May 15, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Regular Submission Deadline is June 5, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Extension Deadline is June 26, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time). Register for an extension.