Code for Africa Recruitment of Academy Manager 2022| Code for Africa are now accepting application from suitable qualified person for the position of Academy Manager to help shape CfA’s training initiatives. Requirement and how to apply Read through.
Code for Africa (CfA) is the continent’s largest network of indigenous African civic technology and investigativedata journalism laboratories, with over 70 staff in 19 countries, who build digital democracy solutions that are intended to give citizens unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthen civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
- US Public Diplomacy Grants 2022 (Get Up To $5,000 ) For U.S. And Nigerian/How To Apply
- UNESCO Silk Roads Youth Research Grant 2022 (Get Up To $10,000)
- JAIZ Bank Plc/SMEDAN Matching Fund Programme 2022 (Up To N500,000 And Above)
- Youth In Agrifood Export Development Program (YAEDP) 2022
- FG CBN Npower Nexit Business Loan 2022/ How To Apply
- FMBN Housing Property Loan (Rent To Own) 2022/How To Apply
- FG: Nexit CBN AGSMEIS Entrepreneurship Loan 2022 (Up To N3 Billion)
The position is based at one of our hubs in Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa or Uganda. We’re also open to exceptional applicants from elsewhere in Africa.
The successful candidate will work with an agile transnational team of trainers, data analysts, curriculum developer, in-country community coordinators, digital designers, and editorial experts, as well as a larger multinational and multilingual CfA’s teams using digital collaboration tools to grow our Academy initiative even further.
- Bachelor degree in education/social/economic sciences, media studies, technology, international development or related fields.
- 5+ years of educational programme development experience, preferably at development organisations (NGOs/CSO/non-profit), technology/media communities or high-growth startups.
- 3+ years managing teams (with direct reports), preferably to design and develop highly technical training programs and curriculum materials.
- Demonstrable experience in various learning modalities, such as online, in-person led, eLearning, and blended learning methodologies, as well as in individual mentorship.
- Experience in identifying training and development needs through training needs analysis.
- Ability to design and produce training materials for various learning modalities
- Demonstrable experience in programme and project management, including managing multiple concurrent projects and managing process improvement efforts.
- Experience building and managing relationships with stakeholders such as media institutions, governments, international organisations, educational institutions, and other private and not-for-profit organisations in the civic technology and media ecosystem.
- Demonstrable experience managing databases
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and precision in handling budgets and contracts.
- Have an enthusiastic, generous, nimble and hands-on approach.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
- Understanding of donor funding and reporting.
Preferred: candidates who are able to demonstrate the following will have an advantage:
- Understanding current training delivery mechanisms and tools, and be forward-thinking with respect to new ways of delivering training.
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system, measuring training results and learning effectiveness.
- Strong research and writing skills and ability to write in a non-academic, accessible and engaging manner.
- Previous experience in the creation and delivery of learning packages, including in instructional design.
- Ability to lead cross-functional consultation on training strategy, and curriculum development.
- Experience working with subject matter experts to develop blended learning models to match the appropriate methods
- Experience working with industry-standard Learning Management Systems (LMS) and designing self-directed e-learning modules.
- Deep understanding of the technology and media ecosystem in Africa.
Language and Location Requirements:
- Location: Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal or South Africa. Exceptional candidates from elsewhere in Africa will be considered.
- Languages: English
- Preferred but not required: Arabic, French, KiSwahili or any other major language spoken in Africa.
How To Apply:
Code for Africa (CfA) has an immediate vacancy for a full-time Academy Manager to join our Knowledge team. Click Here
Application Deadline: 15 April 2022
For more details: Visit Code for Africa Recruitment of Academy Manager