U.S: CIRES Summer Research Program 2022| The United State authority has open portal for Co-operative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) Summer Research Program 2022, If you are among the Undergraduate & Graduate Students this is an opportunity for you to study in U.S. Check below the requirement and eligibility.
The CIRES Summer Research Program is a paid summer research internship program open to undergraduate or graduate students interested in the research areas of the NOAA Global Systems Laboratory.
Available Scholarship: Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (Study Master’s Degree
The Global Systems Laboratory (GSL) is one of ten NOAA Research laboratories and is located in Boulder, Colorado. GSL research improves environmental prediction models, develops state-of-the-science decision support tools and visualization systems, and uses high-performance computing technology to support a Weather-Ready Nation.
The goal of the CIRES Summer Research Program is to give interested students a research experience at CU Boulder and the NOAA Global Systems Laboratory. Students with a variety of scientific and technical backgrounds can explore environmental or geosciences and learn more about how their skills can be applied to societal needs.
How it works:
- Up to 11 students will be accepted into the Summer 2022 program. Students will be paid to conduct environmental and geoscience research activities with CIRES and GSL scientists.
- Undergraduate interns will receive $750/week over 10 weeks (May 23-July 29) and graduate student interns will receive $1500/week over 12 weeks (May 23 – August 19) paid biweekly.
- Be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
- Attend an accredited university or college as an undergraduate or graduate student (can plan to graduate in the spring semester and plan to attend a 4-year University or attend graduate school in Fall 2022);
- Be willing to make a full-time commitment for 10 weeks (40 hours per week) for an undergraduate experience or 12 weeks (40 hours per week) as a graduate experience;
- Be able to complete program requirements as a fully remote experience in Summer 2022.
How to Apply:
The CIRES summer research program is accepting applications from all college or university undergraduate and graduate students who are able to participate in 10 weeks of paid virtual research activities for undergraduate experiences or 12 weeks paid virtual research activities as a graduate student.
Application Deadline: Monday, February 7, 2022