Call For Code Education Innovation Case Competition Registration 2021 is ongoing, If you have passion to bring innovative solutions that address the challenge of making quality education a right for all – not a privilege, This competition is for you, Regardless of your course of study. Check on how to apply below.
Case competition overview:
Challenge: Design an innovative technology solution that addresses a problem aligned to achieving accessible and equitable quality education.
Bringing students together to design solutions that make education a right, not a privilege.
- Afri-Plastics Challenge Strand 1(Accelerating Growth £1,000,000 Prize) 2021
- MO Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship (For PhD Students) 2021/2022
- List Of Scholarship (Secondary, Undergraduate, Post-Graduate, Master) Programme 2021
- Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2022 (Get Up To £5,000) /How To Apply
- United Nations World Food Program (Get Up To $100,000)/How To Apply
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2022 (Up To US$10,000) /How To Apply
- ISNAD-Africa 2021 (Environmental Education Program Fully Funded Up To $500)
CASE COMPETITION KICKOFF
Monday | August 23 – The case competition registration officially begins!
September 30 – November 11 – The case competition is officially in progress!
The competition theme is, “A future of education that ensures accessible and equitable quality education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all,” inspired by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4.
Grand Prize: $20,000 USD
- The winning team will be invited to the CGI U year-round program, to CG 2022 virtual Annual Meeting hosted by President Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, and to apply to IBM job opportunities.
Runner Up Prize: $10,000 USD
- Each student from the winning team will be invited to apply to IBM job opportunities.
- IBM will consider each application, and will invite winning team members to interview for roles they qualify for.
2nd Runner Up Prize: $3,000 USD
- Each student from the 2nd runner up team will be invited to apply to IBM job opportunities.
- IBM will consider each application, and will invite the 2nd runner up team members to interview.
Gamification: $2,000 USD
- You can earn points by taking action on the event platform! Top 10 individual point earners will receive $200 USD.
NOTE: All the winning team is Fully Funded by Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U).
- Participants must be 18 years old or have reached the age of emancipation in the jurisdiction in which they are submitting their project, whichever is greater.
- Teams of up to five individuals are allowed.
Submissions will be judged equally across four primary criteria, which evaluate whether the solution applies technology effectively to solve a real-world problem.
- Relevancy and impact
- How relevant is the solution to the stated challenge? How effectively does the technical solution address the identified issue within the theme? How helpful or useful would the outcomes be to impacted communities? Can the solution scale over time to have a further reach across multiple user groups or geographies? Can success be measured?
- Design and feasibility
- How good is the design, user experience, and ease of use of the solution? Were the identified issue, impacted users, and technology solution thoroughly researched, with the provided data or facts demonstrating the team’s understanding of the problem? Is the solution possible, or just nice in theory?
- Innovation and originality
- Is the solution new and disruptive? How unique and innovative is the approach to solving an existing challenge through technology, including one or more IBM solutions? Is the solution differentiated from others already on the market?
- Compelling storytelling
- How well did the submission materials articulate the problem, the target user(s) and their experience, and how the technological solution would address the problem? How relatable and engaging was the solution story?
How To Apply:
All final presentation videos and projects must be submitted on November 11, 2021 at 9:00 pm PST in order to qualify for the case competition. Late submissions will not be accepted.
For More Information Contact: Call For Code Education Innovation Case Competition