Borealis AI Summer Research Internships 2022 portal are now open, Working at Borealis AI will grant you unique access to massive structured and unstructured datasets with the tools and resources necessary to build game-changing statistical models. Borealis AI is an AI and Machine Learning Research Institute backed by Royal Bank of Canada. Check how to apply below.
Borealis AI is located at 777 Bay St., Suite 2700 Toronto, ON M5B 2H7,
Borealis AI Comprised of top AI researchers and engineers and motivated by the pursuit of solving intelligence, Borealis AI is advancing machine learning science, while building leading products for financial services. With 40+ scientific publications in top-tier academic venues, the institute performs research in areas, such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, language processing, AI safety, and more. Borealis AI was founded in 2016 and has over 100 team-members across its four labs in Canada.
Borealis AI Summer Research internships are currently running virtually. Interns support research on a wide variety of theoretical and applied machine learning projects. Being part of our team means you’ll have the opportunity to publish original research in peer-reviewed academic conferences, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR. And you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds in AI.
Available Internship Opportunities as follow:
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Graphs and Optimization
- Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Bayesian Optimization
- Privacy and Fairness
- Interpretability and Explainability
- Time Series Forecasting
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
You’re an ideal candidate if you have:
- Ability to implement state-of-the-art machine learning techniques;
- High motivation to solve challenging research problems;
- Passion for data, algorithms, and statistics;
- Experience working towards a PhD or already hold an MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or another mathematically related field (e.g., Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.);
- Previous publications at a top-tier AI conference;
- Experience with writing modular, robust, scalable software in Python;
- Familiarity with the Unix command line and bash scripting;
- Proficiency with deep learning packages, such as Tensorflow, Keras, and PyTorch;
- A deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling.
NOTE: Internship Duration is 4 months (May – August 2022).
How to Apply:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Application Deadline: January 14, 2022
For more information, visit Borealis AI