Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023| The Global Citizen Scholarship Program empowers young, active global citizen leaders who are engaged for the SDGs and may otherwise not have access to valuable educational opportunities, networking experiences, and peer-to-peer exchange. Read Through.
The Scholarship includes the opportunity to attend a specialized academic training, join international fora, network with high-level changemakers, attend expert skills trainings and workshops, benefit from one-on-one mentoring, and profit from peer-to-peer exchange. Read more scholarship
In 2022, the Ban Ki-moon Centre will select 15 young African global citizen leaders for the program who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular for SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities). Learn about past scholarship cohorts.
Scholars will attend the University of Bordeaux’s Summer School on Sustainable African Cities and additional special skills trainings with MCI the Entrepreneurial University.
- Mandela Scholarship Fund 2023 (Study At Leiden University)/How To Apply
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2023(Undergraduate Only
- Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2023 (Jamb Candidate Only)
- NNPC/ Addax Petroleum Host Community Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- MO Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship (For PhD Students) 2023
- Scholars will receive a 500€ seed grant to support their project and will receive project management training and guidance throughout the project proposal and implementation process.
- African youth from one of 5 African countries with rising cities experiencing rapid urbanization: Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, and Morocco.
- Age group 20-35 Applicants must be graduate or doctoral/post-doctoral students OR be recent graduates of a master’s level degree or higher.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong dedication to the SDGs (particularly SDG 11) and the ideals of global citizenship.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they may otherwise not have access to such an opportunity.
- Applicants must provide proof of a minimum English level B2 (European Standards)
- Full cost coverage for summer school training with the University of Bordeaux and coverage of skills trainings with MCI as well as other expert workshops.
- A 500€ seed grant to support the implementation of an SDG Micro-Project to be distributed after the successful submission of a project proposal.
- Certificate of Achievement awarded after the successful completion of the SDG Micro-Project signed by Co-chairs of the Ban Ki-moon Centre.
- Alumni Network membership for scholars who successfully complete the program and earn their certificate.
- Further platforming of scholars and selected projects on RELX’s SDG Resource Centre, the BKMC website, social media, and international forums.
How To Apply:
- Current CV, including date of birth and nationality
- Scan of passport or other formal ID
- Proof of academic titles and/or enrollment confirmation
- Letter of motivation (max 500 words)
- Why do you want to receive this scholarship?
- Why do you want to attend the “Sustainable African Cities” summer school with the University of Bordeaux?
- What makes YOU a global citizen?
- Why would you otherwise not have access to this opportunity?
- SDG Micro-Project pitch (max 500 words)
- Describe a project that you would like to implement for the SDGs in your community, particularly SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities). It does not need to be a formal proposal; however, it should include a short description of a challenge you wish to address and a manageable project idea that you could implement with the available financial resources (500 euros seed funding) and whatever other funds you may be able to gather. If you can already think of partners who you would like to work with (local NGOs, schools, companies, city councils etc.), please list these. Should you be chosen for the scholarship, you will be able to adjust and revise the idea as you go through the program.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com
For More Details: Contact Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship
Leave a Reply