Mandela Scholarship Fund 2022 portal are now open, The Mandela Scholarship is intended for South African students, who want to study at Leiden University for one semester in order to extend their knowledge and contribute to the development of South Africa. Read Through
Target group: Bachelor, Master
Countries/ nationalities: Permanent residents of South Africa
Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2022(Undergraduate Only
- Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2022 (Jamb Candidate Only)
- NNPC/ Addax Petroleum Host Community Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
- MO Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship (For PhD Students) 2022
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees for a one-semester study abroad program (if applicable)
Note: exchange students are exempted from tuition fees on the basis of the exchange agreement
- Living allowance: €1,000 per month
- Insurance sponsored by AON Student Insurance and arranged by Leiden University’s Scholarships Team
Applicants must be:
- permanent residents of South Africa.
- enrolled at a South African University.
- motivated to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution towards the development of South Africa.
- The selection committee will review all applications and select scholarship recipients on the basis of academic merit, motivation and prospects for future contribution towards the development of South Africa.
- Candidates will be informed of the outcome by the Scholarships Team:
- In June, for programs beginning in September
- In November, for programs beginning in February
How To Apply:
- Submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University.
- Once you have been admitted to an exchange/study abroad course, complete the Mandela scholarship application form.
- Submit your completed scholarship application form as scanned email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to attach all required documents, namely:
- Exchange/study abroad admission letter from Leiden University
- Scholarship motivation letter
- Recent transcript of records from your South African University
- Up-to-date CV
- Photocopy of your valid passport(s)
- Two original letters of recommendation (one of which should be from an academic staff member)
- Documentation showing the status of any other grants you have applied for
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself in the Netherlands (the Mandela scholarship does not cover all expenses). This can take form of:
- a student grant letter showing the exact amount and duration of your grant, or
- a recent bank statement in your name, or
- a notary statement declaring that your parents have sufficient financial means to support you
For more Details, visit Mandela Scholarship Fund.
Deadline: April 1, 2022
Leave a Reply