Australian Government Scholarship for students pursuing Master degree programme 2023 is out, The Australia Awards Africa program promotes and supports Australian development and economic diplomacy objectives in a variety of ways:
- Australia Awards are open to high calibre, mid to senior level professional applicants from the public, private and community sectors (civil society).
- alumni apply their new skills to contribute to their country’s development
- Australia is recognised and valued by African nations as a reliable partner and source of expertise, and
- relationships are formed between Australian and African people and organisations, creating enduring partnerships and future cooperation.
- Application Deadline: 29 April 2023.
The Australia Awards Africa Scholarship program combines Masters, Fellowships and Short Course opportunities to build skills and capabilities in key sectors, thereby contributing to social and economic development outcomes for African nations and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Australia Awards directly support Australia’s interests in the security, stability and prosperity of the African continent by strengthening African leadership and skills in fields such as agriculture and food security, climate change and adaptation, renewable energy, mining governance and countering terrorism and violent extremism
- ONE YOUNG WORLD: Bristol Myers Squibb Scholarship 2023 For Medical Students
- ONE YOUNG WORLD: bp Net Zero Scholarship 2023 For Young Innovators
- How to Apply Dr. Louis Hampers Scholarship for Medical Students (up to $1,000) 2023-24
Australia Awards Africa scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component
Applications will be open to participants from Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe in the 2024 intake.
- Australia Awards are open to high calibre
- Mid to senior level professional applicants from the public, private and community sectors (civil society).
- Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disability and marginalised groups.
- Applicants must also meet country-specific conditions and provide relevant documentation to support their application.
- Australia Awards Africa scholarship applicants must meet all eligibility requirements detailed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
Applications will be shortlisted after eligibility checking and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection process will include an interview.
Applicants will be assessed on:
- academic competence
- potential outcome, specifically the contribution to development outcomes in eligible countries of Africa
- professional and personal leadership attributes including relevant work experience.
Successful candidates will be notified in late 2023. Travel will be subject to meeting the requirements imposed by the Australian Government, as determined by the federal Department of Education, and must meet the requirements imposed by relevant state and territory governments.
The candidates will be required to attend:
- course counselling
- pre-departure briefing
- university’s Introductory Academic Program
- other required preparatory study on arrival in Australia.
How to apply
Applications must be lodged online through the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) by 11.59PM AEST on 29 April 2023. You will need to register and establish your eligibility before submitting your application. Applications and/or supporting documents received after the closing date will not be considered.
Applications for commencement in 2024 will open on 1 February 2023 and close on 29 April 2023.
Leave a Reply