World Trade Organisation 2023 Essay Award for Young Economists | They encourage all young economists to take part in this competition. It’s incredibly useful to connect one’s research with people responsible for implementing trade policy and to delve into the current problems in world trade and what the negotiations are all about.”
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s)
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG)
- Application Deadline: 2 June 2023
The authority of World Trade Organisation (WTO) has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2023 WTO Essay Award. The award ceremony will take place on 14-16 September 2023 at the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom. The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) deals with the global rules of trade between nations. Its main function is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.
The aim of the award is to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay
- Participant will Receive award
- Overall winner will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG) and
- The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting. The largest conference specializing in international trade
- The award ceremony will take place on 14-16 September 2023 at the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom.
- Your Essay must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree
- author(s) age must between the of 30 years and above
- Must not be more that atleast two years past a PhD defense
- To be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
The winning essay may be published in the WTO Working Paper Series. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to endeavour to secure publication of the contribution in a journal.
Note: Only the author(s) of short-listed essays will be notified.
How to Submit World Trade Organisation 2023 Essay Award
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- The essay
- The CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
- Essays must be submitted by 2 June 2023
- The Economic Research and Statistics Division of the WTO Secretariat will shortlist eligible papers by 16 June 2023
- the selection panel will take a final decision by 7 July 2023
- How to Apply for GrowthAfrica acceleration programme 2023
- Growth Accelerator Malawi Entrepreneurs 2023 (Up to USD40,000 in co-financing)
- 10 Digital Skills You Should Learn To Earn Legitimate Money Online