University of Dundee Postgraduate Scholarship 2023| The University of Dundee has open Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships portal for interested international student wishing to study postgraduate in the area of Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy courses. Check requirement and how to apply.
The University of Dundee is the cheapest place to be a student in the UK. The University of Dundee is committed to strongly supporting all in their community, to ensuring an inclusive learning and working environment, and to a fair and more equitable society for all. They have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination, harassment and bullying
There are 3 awards available, one from the Steve Weston Scholarship fund and 2 from Trust Scholarships.
The awards will offer each candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees (fees for 2023-24 to be confirmed)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)
Level of study: Postgraduate
Attendance: Full time
Fee status: International
- International Mineral Law and Policy LLM
- International Oil and Gas Law and Policy LLM
Botswana, Congo (Democratic Republic), Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Zambia
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Thailand
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Already hold an Honours degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
How to apply
There is no separate application form for the Steve Weston Scholarship.
Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programmes should provide a 500-word Personal Statement and their updated CV to be sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson email@example.com.
Please note that candidates who do not already hold an unconditional offer for one of the named programmes will not be considered.
Given that these Scholarships are highly competitive, it is important to demonstrate in your Personal Statement that you are motivated to make a career that will take you to a position of leadership in the energy or natural resource development sector in your own country within 10 years of your Scholarship.
You must be committed to networking to find global solutions and you should be able to use your studies and experience gained in the UK to benefit yourself, your country and the UK. It is expected that you should become a first-class ambassador for the UK in your home country.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 31 May 2023 at 23:59 (UK time)