United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2022| The United Nations Development Programme is recruiting experience person to fill the vacant position of Public Outreach and Communications Analyst to implement NJFP Strategy. Requirement and eligibility to apply. Read through.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners, seeks to invest in the next generation of leaders through the establishment of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (JFP) – a platform for empowering young Nigerian graduates with practical on-the-job skills and leadership competencies through a twelve-month paid placement opportunity. Under this programme, highly qualified recent graduates of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme will be provided with work opportunities within private sector organizations, the public sector, UN agencies and development organizations.
The goal of the NJPF is to enhance these Fellows with professional and leadership capacities thereby enabling them to positively contribute to the social and economic development prospects of Nigeria. The enrolment of an initial 20,000 Fellows is envisaged followed by a scaling up of the programme in the coming years.
- FG: P-YES Empowerment Application Form 2022/How To Apply
- NPF Microfinance Bank Loans 2022 (Up To N500,000)
- NG Cares Covid-19 Grants 2022/How To Apply
- Sterling Bank SWAY AGFIN Loan 2022 (Get Up To N20 Million) How To Apply
- Quickteller Business Grant 2022 (Up To ₦1 Million) How To Apply
To this end, UNDP Nigeria is seeking a qualified Public Outreach and Communications Analyst to implement the Jubilee Fellowship communications strategy, to promote public and media outreach and to mobilize political and financial support for the Jubilee Fellowship.
The Public Outreach and Communications Analyst will work in close collaboration with other team members of the Jubilee Fellowship, other UNDP CO colleagues, UNDP Communications team, Government officials, private sector entities, media outlets, Jubilee Fellows, youth networks, and multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors to ensure a successful implementation of the JFP communication strategy.
Required Skills and Experience
a. Advanced degree or equivalent in journalism, public relations, law, human rights, political or social sciences or comparable academic preparation.
b. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
1) Atleast 2 years of relevant experience at the national level in public relations, communications or advocacy is required
2) Previous experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders, namely stakeholder engagement in consultation processes
3) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work and handle stressful conditions
4) Strong experience drafting user-friendly communication products and advocacy materials for social media, websites, traditional media such as fliers, articles, success stories, etc
5) Experience in the usage of MS Office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) some relevant simple design software and webbased management systems
6) Experience engaging at senior management level
7) Working knowledge of the UN Principles, SDGs and international development in Africa
8) Experience in the United Nations system or a comparable international organization is desirable
9) Excellent analytical and writing skills
10) Experience with inter-agency or multi-stakeholder collaboration is desirable
11) A high degree of political and cross-cultural sensitivity. Language
How to apply:
Interested Applicants should apply via this link https://bit.ly/3rAeWbA
Application Closing Date: 30th April 2022