UK International Graduates Study And Work Visa/ How To Apply

UK Study And Work Visa
UK Study And Work Visa

UK Study And Work Visa 2021 | The UK embassy has release the  new directive on how to apply for Graduates Study And Work Visa application, Now before you proceed, check, how to apply for Graduates Study And Work Visa, Who are eligible to apply for Graduates Study And Work Visa, The procedures including cost of application form and requirement. Read Through.

Now, an international graduate students can stay and work after completing their studies through Graduates Study And Work Visa permit.


A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK. and also give you an opportunity to:

  • work in most jobs
  • look for work
  • be self-employed
  • continue living in the UK with your partner and children, if they’re eligible
  • do voluntary work
  • travel abroad and return to the UK

You must be in the UK when you apply.

If you or your family are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

If you or your family member started living in the UK by 31 December 2020, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme.


You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

  • you’re in the UK
  • your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • you’ve successfully completed that course

NOTE: If you’re not eligible for a Graduate visa, you may be eligible for another type of visa to stay in the UK.

How long you can stay

A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years. Your visa will start from the day your application is approved.

When to apply

You must apply before your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa expires.

You can apply as soon as your education provider (such as your university or college) has told you that you’ve successfully completed the course you took with your Student or Tier 4 (General) student visa. You do not have to wait until you’ve graduated or have been given a certificate.

As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity and provide your documents.

Your application may take longer if you need an appointment to do this. You’ll find out if you need one when you start your application.

How much it costs

When you apply for a Graduate visa, you’ll need to:

  • pay the application fee – this is usually £700
  • pay the healthcare surcharge – this is usually £624 for each year you’ll be in the UK

How to apply

Your partner and children can also apply to stay in the UK if they are eligible. Interested applicants apply here


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.