SADC Media Awards Competition 2023 | The SADC Media Awards were established in 1996 to recognise best media work in disseminating information on SADC to support the process of regional co-operation and integration in the region. The SADC Media Awards are open to journalists from the SADC Member States.
The main objectives of Southern African Development Community (SADC) are to achieve economic development, peace and security, and growth, alleviate poverty, enhance the standard and quality of life of the peoples of Southern Africa, and support the socially disadvantaged through Regional Integration. These objectives are to be achieved through increased Regional Integration, built on democratic principles, and equitable and sustainable development.
See more opportunities
The objectives of SADC, as stated in Article 5 of the SADC Treaty (1992) are to:
Achieve development and economic growth, alleviate poverty, enhance the standard and quality of life of the people of Southern Africa and support the socially disadvantaged through Regional Integration;
- Evolve common political values, systems and institutions.
- Promote and defend peace and security.
- Promote self-sustaining development on the basis of collective self-reliance, and the inter-dependence of Member States.
- Achieve complementarity between national and regional strategies and programmes.
- Promote and maximise productive employment and utilisation of resources of the region.
- Achieve sustainable utilisation of natural resources and effective protection of the environment.
- Strengthen and consolidate the long-standing historical, social and cultural affinities and links among the people of the Region.
2023 SADC Media Awards competition in the four categories namely;
- Radio Journalism.
- The first prize winners will receive their prizes and certificates on the margins of the 43rd SADC Summit of Heads of State and Government
- The first prize winner in each category receives US$2,500 and the runner-up receives US$1000.
Journalists from the SADC Member States in the four categories namely;
- Television and
- Radio Journalism.