Portal MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program 2023 | The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship portal is now open, The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels. Read Through.
Do you have what it takes to transform Africa? African students can apply to be Mastercard Foundation Scholars at UP
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following programmes at the University of Pretoria:
Postgraduate Study Programmes
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Honours and Masters degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
THERE ARE NO PhD SCHOLARSHIPS.
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
UP Application Process
Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application process.
Apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form. For more information, dial +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org for undergraduates and postgraduates enquiries.
After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty. The faculty will inform you whether you have been admitted.
Once you have been admitted, please contact email@example.com to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.