LAP Natonal Essay Competition| LAP announced Lafarge Africa’s Natonal Essay Competition for young Nigeria 2021, To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Nigeria and the 60th anniversary of LAP in Nigeria. The theme for the essay competition is “Building the Nigeria of my dreams”,, The first, second and third overall winners for each category will receive cash prizes of N1,500,000.00, N1,000,000.00 and N750,000.00 respectively, Requirement and eligibility for the application, focus attention and Read through.
Aims: to boost LAP’s nation building initiative, to promote patriotism and corporate citizenship. the competition s divided into two category (Junior Category and the Intermediate Category).
- The first, second and third overall winners for each category will receive cash prizes of N1,500,000.00, N1,000,000.00 and N750,000.00 respectively, as well as books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles, flasks and educational tablets, pre-loaded with educational content.
- The top winners for each category will also receive a desktop computer system each for their schools with complete accessories
- Consolation prizes of N200, 000.00 each will be given to the authors of 2 good essays from each category. They will also receive books, branded school accessories such as school bags, water bottles and flasks.
- The cash prizes shall be held in trust for the winners and shall be strictly utilized for their educational needs. The prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The competition is open to:
- pupils of public primary schools who are between the ages of 9 to 13 years, for the Junior Category of the competition, and
- students of public junior secondary schools who are between the ages of 9 to 13 years for the Intermediate Category of the competition.
Lafarge Africa’s Natonal Essay Competition Topic (Building the Nigeria of my dreams)
- For the Junior Category (pupils of public primary schools) the length of the essay shall not exceed 500 words (+/- 10%) while
- For the Intermediate Category ( students of public junior secondary schools) the length of the essay shall not exceed 750 words (+/- 10%) and each participant is allowed to submit only one entry.
Note: Any participant who submits multiple entries will be disqualified
How to Apply/Guideline
Interested Candidates Log in to the official website on www.learnwithlafarge.com
- Apply to the “Online Portal
- All essays must be written in English, typed, and uploaded to the Online Portal in accordance with the instructions specified.
- Participants should retain their own copies of the essays as no entries will be returned. There will be no feedback on any entries, either during or after the competition
- Entries must be the original work by the participant.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that their essay does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any other laws.
- Use of personal data received by LAP in the course of the competition will be subject to the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation. The winners will be published in selected national dailies and on LAP’s social media handles.
- Submission of an entry will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us and join our Facebook Group for the daily update