i-FAIR Innovation fellowship programs 2023 | The i-FAIR Innovation fellowship programs 2023 are now open, i-FAIR provide will them with access to the technology, machinery and expertise needed, in order to take their product development to the next level; including the development of functioning prototypes/MVPs of their solution, access to funding opportunities and business development mentorship. How to Apply, Read through.
The Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers (i-FAIR):The program for entrepreneurs and innovators. i-FAIR is an initiative of the Embassy of the State of Israel in Nigeria in collaboration with the Office of the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. To empower INNOVATORS, INVENTORS, ENTREPRENEURS, and VENTURE CREATORS and also to provides participants with the necessary resources and support to transform their ideas into innovations and sustainable ventures that can create jobs and generate wealth for Nigerians and Nigeria.
i-FAIR 3 Call for Nominations:
Areas of Focus:
- Food Security (Agriculture and Food Technology) – Solutions that increase productivity as well as address challenges around food processing and supply chain.
- Health/Medical Device – Solutions which will increase the accessibility to proper advanced health care.
- Edtech – Solutions which increase access to proper education suited to the local content and learning environment, including AI in education, learning tools and more.
- Circular Economy – Solutions that reduce or eliminate waste, from product design to its end of life. For example, utilizing waste by turning it into useful products.
- Clean Energy – Solutions that serve rural and/or peri-urban communities not adequately served by the national grid, addresses a real energy-access issue across any part of the value chain.
- Manufacturing – Solutions that improve manufacturing/small scale manufacturing capacity.
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Maintenance – Solutions that will solve challenges in infrastructure and maintenance, including quality assurance
- Others – If the idea you are passionate about does not fall into any of the above, but has a proven need/demand, please feel free to apply. We know that passionate entrepreneurs with surprising ideas may be the greatests
Benefits to Participants:
Successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits:
- A unique platform to transform ideas into inventions and develop working prototypes;
- Free access and membership to a modern innovation center where they can work on and develop their prototypes/products with hands-on support of technical experts ;
- Access to a special certificate course and mentoring by accomplished inventors, innovators, and researchers from Nigeria and the State of Israel;
- Exposure to R&D processes and procedures of leading international institutes.
- The opportunity to pitch inventions and prototypes to investors for possible adoption, patronage and partnership;
- For the in-person bootcamps in Abuja, transportation and accommodation will be covered.
- i-FAIR’s support does NOT involve any equity, shares or IP rights on your developments.
- i-FAIR want to join forces with you to help entrepreneurs/startups and innovators, take their product development to the next level
- i-FAIR will provide them with access to the technology, machinery and expertise needed, in order to take their product development to the next level; including the development of functioning prototypes/MVPs of their solution, access to funding opportunities and business development mentorship.
Benefits to Nigeria:
- Development of innovations with the potential to address challenges in the Nigerian society.
- Development of Made-In-Nigeria solutions to challenges in Nigeria.
- Economic advancement and wealth creation by way of venture creation.
- Job creation through innovation development, by the transition of innovations into start-ups.
- Introducing Nigerians to technologies, processes and procedures with the capability to solve critical challenges.
- Creating self-sufficiency and productivity within the Nigerian innovation ecosystem.
- Nation-building through innovation, Research & Development, and entrepreneurship.
- Putting Nigeria on the path to becoming a start-up nation.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Hubs
- Incubators and Programs
If any of your entrepreneurs/startups or innovators is developing a solution that can solve one or more of Africa’s challenges, and falls in one of i-FAIR’s Areas of Focus, has a strong value proposition, proven demand, ideally includes a hardware component (not a must), and is ready to develop a prototype, or in the process of product development; nominate them for i-FAIR 3
How to Apply
- VC, Hub or an innovation & entrepreneurship program are invited to nominate candidates by filling the short nomination form
- After filling the short nomination form then fill the application form click here
Application Deadline: 16th June 2023.