How to Apply World Press Photo Contest 2024| The annual World Press Photo Contest recognizes and celebrates the best photojournalism and documentary photography produced over the last year. selected by an international independent jury, entering is free. Check requirement below.
For News And Opportunities Click here
Entering the World Press Photo Contest is free and open to all professional photographers working in the field of photojournalism and/or documentary photography. They are excited to welcome a multiplicity of stories and a diverse range of photographers from all over the world to enter the contest.
Benefit as a winner;
- Included in our annual traveling exhibition seen by over 4 million visitors, shown around the world in over 80 cities
- Published on our website and social platforms with over 2 million followers
- Included in our yearbook
- €1,000 for each of the 24 regional winners and an additional €5,000 for the four global winners
- An invitation to the Winners’ Program in Amsterdam
- A physical award
- For the four global winners: a FUJIFILM GFX100 II camera, with two lenses of choice, two Li-ion batteries, and dual battery charger
2024 Contest technical requirements
In order to ensure fair and effective judging of the 2024 Contest we ask for the following file requirements from entries. In addition to the judging the file requirements are also necessary for production of the winning entries of the 2024 Contest for the annual exhibition and yearbook.
- Singles, Stories and Long-Term Projects categories
- Open Format
- Upload 4-30 JPEG image files.
- Photographic images must be uploaded in JPEG format with high-quality compression (for example polyptychs, photo collages, etc.) with the original pixel size (unless cropped). Do not scale and do not change the resolution. ICC profile must be embedded. AdobeRGB, sRGB or grayscale Gamma 2.2 are recommended. No CMYK.
- Short photo-based videos (maximum duration of 15 minutes):
- Web-based photo projects:
- Generative AI:
- press card, stating you are working as a photographer;
- at least 1 proof of publication (for example a tearsheet) from 2022 or 2023, with your name visible as credit, in either online or print format from a recognized media organization or publication
- journalism union membership card
- membership document from a recognized photographic association that shows the photographer is a professional member;
- a recent letter of reference (must be from 2022 or 2023) from a photo agency, photo editor, media organization or publication, stating you have worked for them as a photographer
- if you are not able to provide proof that meets the above criteria, you may register with alternative (multiple) documents so that we can gain a better understanding of your professional status
- CVs or cover letter
- samples of photography
How to Apply World Press Photo Contest 2024
Are you a photojournalist or documentary photographer from Africa, Latin America, Asia or Southeast Asia interested in entering the 2024 World Press Photo Contest click here to apply
Application Deadline: 11 January 2024, 13.00 CET (Amsterdam time)