How to Apply (WomEng) Southern Africa Fellowship 2023| The Women in Engineering (WomEng) Southern Africa Fellowship 2023 portal are now open, The WomEng southern Africa Fellowship equips soon-to-be engineering and technology graduate with practical skills to thrive in the future world to work.
The fellowship is an 8-month, free, one-of- a- kind online learning programs focused on building leadership, innovation, well-done being and employability skills of the next generation of young talents.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2023 is a one-of-a-kind online learning programme which provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and live virtual master classes held on Zoom. The programme will be run in four (4) modules from September 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. The programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Work
- Module 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Practice Self-care
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources with active learning objectives for leadership, innovation, well-done being and employability skills
- Grow your professional network
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Grow your community of other like- minded women in Engineering and technology
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month from September 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads and holidays.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply Women in Engineering (WomEng) Southern Africa Fellowship 2023
Applications must be completed online. Link to application: https://bit.ly/SAFApp_20232. The deadline for submission of completed applications is 20 August 2022,23h 59 SAST. 3.An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by the end of August2023.4. Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants
Application Deadline: 20 August 2023, 23h59 SAST