How to apply HII Stage Creation Africa Kenya Grant 2024 | Are you one of the artists looking for financial support to make your vision come to reality? If yes, Apply HII STAGE production and touring grant across the creative Arts Space in Kenya (CASk) network supported by the French Embassy in Kenya. Application guideline
HEVA Fund has partnered with the Alliance Française Nairobi to support Kenyan artists with quality original projects in the areas of music, performing arts, and cinema to take their productions on tour across the network of Creative Arts Spaces in Kenya (CASiK) comprising performing arts spaces in 5 Kenyan counties; Kisumu, Nakuru, Nairobi, Mombasa, and Lamu.
This project is supported by the French Embassy in Kenya through the French Government’s Creation Africa programme.
- Up to 15,000 Euro
Applicant Obligations Post Receiving Grant:
- Submitting a mid grant progress report and final report as well as sharing consistent updates detailing the project’s fund use
- Successful applicants require a dedicated KSH bank account to receive the funds disbursed to them
- The grant will be disbursed in tranches according to the project work plan. For planning purposes, the applicants should note that the final 20% will be disbursed after project completion and approval of the grantees final report
The fund will enable creative individuals, collectives and organisations to refine their original production for showcasing in at least 3 fully equipped cultural venues from the CASIK network.
Applicant must showcase his/her Talent in the following Area:
- Practitioners in Theatre
- Live Music
- (Vocal, Instrumental, Deejaying)
- Spoken word
- Puppetry/ Pantomime and Multimedia
- Transdisciplinary arts
Note: Projects awarded funding under this programme must be original works that contain African social, cultural and/or political themes, and employ strategies that encourage local communities to access cultural spaces.
- Applicants must live and work in Kenya.
- Applicants must be in the performing or creative arts industry in Kenya.
- Eligible value chains include: Theatre, Film, Live Music (Vocal, Instrumental, Deejaying), Spoken word, Poetry, Storytelling, Dialogue, Dance, Comedy, Magic, Puppetry/ Pantomime and Multimedia/transdisciplinary arts
- Proposed projects should portray evidence and themes that speak to African culture and/or history.
- Applicants must have pre-ideated projects that are in the execution phase
Application Review Process
The review process takes place after the closure of the call for applications window and will feature five stages:
Initial sieve: The initial stage involves a preliminary review of all received applications to ensure they meet the basic eligibility criteria and submission requirements.
Selection panel shortlisting: Next, the selection panel will narrow down the pool of applicants based on predetermined criteria to shortlist the most promising candidates for further consideration.
Pitch stage: Shortlisted applicants will present their project proposals to the selection panel to share their creative vision and the potential impact of their project.
Due diligence: This phase involves an evaluation of all shortlisted candidates, which includes a thorough review of their proposed project plans, budgets, timelines, and the overall feasibility of the presented ideas.
Contracting: In this final stage, the successful applicants will enter a contractual agreement with the project partners.
How to apply HII Stage Creation Africa Kenya Grant 2024
Interested artists are to submit their project online and also note that all proposed projects must be implemented between March and August 2024. Click Here
Application Deadline: 20 December, 2023
- Study Abroad (Australian Education ) 2023 /What You Need To Know
- Latest Scholarship (Secondary, Undergraduate, Post-Graduate, Master) 2023