The DW Akademie Master’s Degree Scholarships 2022 portal is open, Master’s Degree “International Media Studies” student around the world Apply now, Check the requirement, Eligibility and online application registration directive below.
The 13th intake of the Master’s Program “International Media Studies” gets underway September 2022 in Bonn. The Master’s Program “International Media Studies” (IMS) is especially designed for graduates from developing and transition countries with previous media experience.
As a joint project of the University of Bonn, the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and DW Akademie, DW’s center for international media development, journalism training and knowledge transfer, the program offers a perfect learning environment for up to 30 students per year. Highly qualified candidates from developing and emerging countries can apply for a scholarship and will complete their degree in their home countries to facilitate direct access to the respective job markets.
- UFiT National Competition 2022 (Get Up To N50,000) How To Apply
- Croatian Government Scholarships 2022/2023 (Undergraduates & Graduates/How To Apply
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship 2022/How To Apply
- FRSC Academy Udi Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022/ How To Apply
The interdisciplinary study program is conducted in English, combining topics such as media and development, journalism, communication science and media management. The full-time, four-semester Master’s degree offers an unparalleled mix of research, lectures and practical experience and prepares students for careers in the communications and media industries.
- Open to young journalists, media managers and communications staff who come from developing and transition countries, and particularly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. However, Germans, EU citizens, Canadians, Americans and Australians can also apply.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and, after graduating, at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field.
- Applicants must also have a good command of English.
How To Apply
Before entering your data in the online application form, make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
- Letter of motivation (English, max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (English, Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience). You can submit a certificate or letter from your employer as proof of work experience. Please make sure it includes your media-related job title, the dates from and to when you worked in that position, company letterhead, date of issue of the certificate/letter and a signature from your employer. If you were self-employed or worked on media projects, please see the FAQ.
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the “Common European Framework”). If you completed a degree in which the medium of instruction was English, you should submit written official confirmation from the university that English was the medium of instruction.
For more information, visit DW Akademie.