British Council GREAT Postgraduate Scholarships 2023 | The UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council are now open Postgraduate Scholarships portal for students from the 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses. Available scholarship
In the 2023-24 academic year, 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Successful candidate will receive £10,000
GREAT Scholarships are available to students from the following countries. To see which scholarships are on offer in your country, click on the links below:
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester.
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of one of the above countries
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
How to Apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.