Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023| The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi offer a short-term fellowship of three month in France for postdoc researchers, The programme is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work. Check here how to apply
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme and its partners offer postdoctoral mobility grant to researchers in social sciences and humanities for periods from 2 to 3 months.
The programme breaks down into two sections:
- The INCOMING programme
This programme targets researchers affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public/private research institute based aboard wishing to undertake a research stay in France.
- The OUTGOING programme
This program targets researchers residing and affiliated with a french institution of higher education and research or a public/private research institute who would like to benefit from a research stay in another country.
- Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1 600€(paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
- Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
- This program is open to researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
- Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay
- Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
NOTE: At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the IFRA with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
How to Apply:
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2023” and then the specific call “FMSH-IFRA: Afrique de l’Est > France“.
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research application into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in East Africa
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission.
Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2022,
For more information Visit: Atlas Postdoctoral Fellowship