This competition aims to provide an opportunity for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to share their perspectives on leadership as it relates to promoting African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in Africa.
- Competition theme: “Promoting African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in Africa”
- It is open to all African citizens (including the diaspora)
About Youth Leadership Competition 2024
The Youth Leadership Competition is organised as a component of the African Leadership Forum (ALF) to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development.
n each contest, African citizens between the age of 18 and 25 are asked to write about their perspectives on leadership as it relates to a theme tied to the ALF.
The essays are rigorously evaluated on the basis of originality, organisation, creativity, appropriateness to contest theme and the use of language. The winners get the opportunity to participate in the ALF plenary session and receive their awards at a prize-giving ceremony – in the presence of distinguished delegates from the forum.
- Easy Way To Get Nigeria International Passport 2024
- Link to Check International Dialing Codes (IDD) (Call Anywhere in the world)
- Nikon Photo Contest 2024 (Prize Up to 500,000 yen)
Youth Leadership Competition 2024 Benefit:
- Winners will receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the ALF Gala Dinner on 23 February, 2023.
- The ceremony will be attended by senior leaders from across Africa, representing public, private and third sectors.
- Selected winners residing outside Ghana will be required to have valid travel documents for travel. UONGOZI Institute will cover the costs related to their travel, including visa fees, air ticket and accommodation.
Youth Leadership Competition 2024 Prizes:
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner
- It is open to all African citizens (including the diaspora) between the age of 18 – 25.
The essays should respond to the following question:
- If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in Africa?
- All essays must be typed
- The minimum length is 500 words, and the maximum is 700 words
- The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
How To Submit:
Applicants must also submit a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
Download a template here.
For more information: Visit: Youth Leadership Competition