Afreximbank Recruitment 2023| The Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt, Are now recruiting Manager, Export Development and Project Development. The role of the position holder will be to manage the development and implementation of special projects under the Bank’s Industrialization and Export Development Initiatives with support from the Director, Export Development Finance.
At Afreximbank, their shared purpose is “to stimulate a consistent expansion and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade; and in doing so, to operate as a first class, profit-oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a center of excellence in African trade matters” and our shared vision is to consolidate the Bank’s position as “The Trade Finance Bank For Africa”.
Achieving our vision is dependent on our ability to successfully execute effectively our strategy around four strategic pillars, which are “Promote Intra-African Trade,” “Facilitate Industrialization and Export Development,” “Strengthen Trade Finance Leadership” and “Improve Financial Performance and Soundness”.
Their success will be defined by the satisfaction of our stakeholders through increased trade finance and improved facilitation of Intra-African trade and value-added exports and improvement in our financial performance, which itself positions us better to achieve our developmental objectives. Their financial performance is enhanced through strengthened financial soundness and improved business development activities, underpinned by sound risk management practices and adequate capitalization.
Through improvements in business development, we are able to leverage diverse channels to provide solutions to our clients and other stakeholders, while improvements in our internal capacities in terms of people, systems and organizational culture are the bedrocks that uphold the increased efficiency of our internal processes.
As a self-governing institution, we emphasize strong governance structures as key components of enterprise risk management and promote an organizational culture based on our core values of Uncompromising Integrity, Teamwork, Trust and Respect for the Individual, Innovation, Excellence & Flexibility, a Passion for Learning and Drive, Professionalism and Responsiveness, a Commitment to Africa and Supporting African Emancipation and Empowerment.
- Export Development
- Project Development
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Participate in the development of a strong pipeline of opportunities by anticipating market trends and employing sector/sponsor/country knowledge.
- Lead the structuring of project development, debt and equity investments.
- Participate and/or lead negotiations with sponsors, investors, lenders, government and public authorities.
- Lead Afreximbank’s contribution to the development of special projects that relate to industrialization and export development with a strong focus on achieving bankable
- Manage the implementation of special projects that relate to industrialization and export development highlighted above amongst others.
- Have a good understanding of project and concession financing and right policies to ensure sustainability of special projects.
- Prepare project-related documents including pitch decks, financial model, information memorandum etc. for internal and external audiences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local/regional/global/infrastructure companies, banking and multilateral partners, and government officials.
- Facilitate project delivery, closure and smooth transfer to operating portfolio companies.
- Any other duties, as may be assigned by Executive Management.
projects. These special projects in portfolio include:
- The establishment of Industrial Parks, Innovation and Technology Parks and Special Economic Zones;
- The establishment of African Quality Assurance Centers; and
- The establishment of African Medical Centers of Excellence
- An undergraduate degree and master’s degree in Banking, Finance or related field;
- Project management experience;
- Solid understanding of Concession agreements, EPC contracts and O&M contracts
- Demonstrated track record of closing project transactions;
- Awareness of the latest trends and developments in financing infrastructure;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of project planning, development and management;
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
8 years’ investment and industry experience in project development, investment and/or project finance in either of the following:
- the project finance / infrastructure / power department of a Tier 1 international investment bank
- the infrastructure department in a Development Finance Institution
- the infrastructure / PPP department of a transaction / financial advisory firm
- an infrastructure private equity fund with exposure to early to mid-stage project development
- a utility/concessions company
How to Apply Afreximbank Recruitment 2023
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
See more opportunities