Portal for YOTA Youth Innovation Challenge 2022 | The portal for YOTA Youth Innovation Challenge 2022 are open, TOYA want to support youth innovation for the advancement of inclusive and equitable post-pandemic recovery efforts. They are looking for the most talented young innovators from Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, and Nigeria to showcase their ideas on and propose solutions for addressing the many challenges posed to the continent by the COVID-19 pandemic. Apply Here
YOTA is supporting young innovators to drive change and contribute to post-pandemic recovery efforts through grassroots innovations and social action. This is to alleviate the negative consequences of the pandemic on young people and their communities while elevating the ideas, ingenuity, and creativity of young innovators working to address the effects of the global health crisis. Get A Copy Of Mini Importation Business
The thematic focus of the Youth Innovation Challenge cuts across several sectors, as long as a direct connection can be made to post-pandemic recovery potential. In particular, we are looking for youth-led solutions that address challenges in one or more of the following themes:
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Digitalisation, AI, and Emerging Technologies
- Education and Skills
- Energy and Industry
- Finance, Trade, and International Investment
- Governance and Politics
- Health and Wellbeing, including Vaccines
- Housing and Infrastructure Development
- Local and Regional Development
- Mobility and Transport
- Portal for Global Rural Nursing Virtual Collaboration Learning Grant 2022 (Up To $5,000)
- How to Apply Goethe-Institute project Space Grant 2023 (up to R 70,000)
- Portal Association of Commonwealth Universities (HR in HE Community Challenge Grant £10,000)
- Portal For Andrew Adeniyi Grant 2022/ How to Apply
- Portal Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme 2022
- Portal For CBN/AFF eNaira Hackathon 2022
- Portal for Curt Bergfors Food Planet Prize 2022 ( Up to $2,000,000)
- Portal Children’s Prize Foundation Grant 2022 (Up To $150,000)
- Portal Nigeria Youth Futures Fund Competition Award 2022 (Up To N1.5M )
- Portal for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2022/2023 (At Washington, DC)
- MTN Foundation for Nigerian Female Entrepreneurs 2022 (N2 million Funded by Bank of Industry)
- Portal for NOYA All for Youths 5 Days Vocational Skills Training 2022
- An individual young person between the age of 18 and 35; or an informal group of young people, or a local youth- or women-led organization or company (both non-profit or for-profit are welcome); female candidates or teams with predominantly female members are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Nationals of Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, and Nigeria who are resident in their countries or based in the diaspora.
- Persons who are passionate about using their skills to design innovative solutions to promote addressing the many socio-economic challenges posed to your country by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Truly innovative and impactful ideas or solutions that have the potential to change lives in a sustainable way.
Participants in the Youth Innovation Challenge have the opportunity to receive a variety of resources to help them put their ideas into action, including:
- Up to $5,000 USD of funding per project.
- Business development advice from top experts in the field of innovation and human-centered design.
- Access to carefully curated tools and resources to support the full cycle of youth-led innovation and human-centered design.
- Opportunity to become part of a growing community of young African innovators for ongoing learning, sharing, and networking.
- Opportunity to be supported to showcase solutions across various international multi-stakeholder platforms, processes, and convenings before the end of 2022.
- Fit to scope– Solution contributes to COVID-19 recovery efforts with a potential to disrupt
- Business model – Solution clearly demonstrates a viable business model and scope for revenue generation
- Sustainability – Solution is financially and operationally viable beyond the initial investment
- Feasibility – Solution is viable and in the right direction
- Value – Solution has a strong value proposition
- Creativity – Solution is clearly an innovative approach to addressing the target challenge
- Human centered – Solution is based on feedback from end users in order to solve a real problem for the community
- Scalability – Solution can be easily scaled up and replicated beyond the initial scope
How to Apply
The First Round submissions deadline is July 29, 2022. Announcement of shortlisted submissions will be made on August 12, 2022.
Application Deadline: July 29, 2022