Portal for Harvard University PhD & Doctoral Student Scholarship 2022 | The portal for Harvard University PhD & Doctoral Student Scholarship 2022/2023 is open, The Harvard University is a private Ivy League research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Founded in 1636 as Harvard College and named for its first benefactor, the Puritan clergyman John Harvard, it is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States and among the most prestigious in the world. Read through.
The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding young scholars whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language, history, or culture of countries or regions other than the United States or Canada. Their research may shed light on domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, both past and present.
The Academy Scholars are a select group of individuals with creativity, initiative, curiosity, and originality whose work in cultures or regions other than the United States or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers at major universities or international institutions.
- Portal BluEarth Renewables Scholarship 2022 (U.S. & Canada
- How to Apply for Future Talent Programme 2022
- Portal Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
- Portal David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2022
- Portal Akwa Ibom State Undergraduates Scholarship 2022
Academy Scholars are appointed to a two-year in-residence postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard University’s The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies in Cambridge, MA. They receive substantial financial and research support to conduct long-term research projects and/or acquire specialised training in their chosen fields and areas. The Senior Scholars, an esteemed group of senior Harvard University faculty members, serve as mentors to the Academy Scholars, assisting them in reaching their intellectual potential.
- Each year, five or six Academy Scholars are named for two-year appointments with an annual stipend of $75,000, with the two years to be completed within a three-year window.
- Year 1 of the fellowship must be taken up no later than the fall immediately following the postdoctoral fellowship offer. Delays or deferrals in the start of Year 1 are not permitted. Between Years 1 and 2, Academy Scholars may apply for a one-time leave (up to 12 months), either to accept or to continue with a tenure-track teaching appointment but for no other reason. Academy Scholars may not accept other sources of funding, awards, or obligations during their appointment.
- Open to recipients of PhD or comparable doctoral degree (within two years of the August 1, 2023, start date) and advanced doctoral candidates in the social sciences.
- Scholars nearing dissertation completion must be able to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2023, for an August 1, 2023, start date.
- Individuals who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The completed application will include:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2000 words maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- One scholarly writing sample (e.g., PhD dissertation chapter or peer-reviewed academic journal article); only ONE sample may be submitted and it must be in English
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
Letters of recommendation must be uploaded by the deadline of September 23, 2022.
All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as PDF documents. Note that a full application packet must not exceed 10MB in size, so be sure to minimize the size of any large PDF files before uploading.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2022