Portal Czech Republic Government Scholarship for Foreign Students 2023| The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign student from developing countries around the world to study at public universities in the Czech Republic. Read through.
Government scholarships for studies at universities in the Czech Republic are governed by a Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 77 as of 28th January 2019 as part of a joint foreign development cooperation program pursued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
These so-called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
- in Follow-up Master study programmes plus a one-year-long preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor’s degree programmes. They can enrol only in study programmes from the selected areas of study in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the university concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for a scholarship award;
- in Follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
- Portal One Young World National Young Talent Award 2022 (Colombians Only)
- Portal for Shell LiveWIRE for young Innovators Global Competition 2022 (Up to $30,000)
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic.
- Currently the amount of scholarship paid to students on a follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic.
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the Czech Republic or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
- Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 are offered only to the citizens of the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- and Zambia.
- Levels: p
- Programmes in the Czech language – follow-up Master degree plus a one-year preparatory course of the Czech language;
- Programmes in the English language – follow-up Master and Doctoral degree
How to apply
The applications received after the deadline will not be considered!
Any technical questions can be addressed to the register administrator at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first part of the selection process is based on 30-minute knowledge test that will be followed by a 60-minute English language test. A cover letter (maximum 1000 characters) would be an integral part of the on-line application, where the applicants explain why they intend to study in
Czech Republic and how they are going to use the knowledge in the country of origin. The best scoring candidates will advance to the second round.
Please follow the instructions on the online application website.
Or visit Czech Government scholarships.
Application deadline: September 30, 2022