LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Program (YLP) 2023 | The LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Program registration portal has for Nigerian Undergraduates students, Are you a young Undergraduates students in Nigeria? Are you looking for where to obtain skills, knowledge and resources required to become transformative leaders and active citizens who will drive sustainable development in their communities. Apply for YLP 2023.
YLP provides youth with advanced methods that can transform their ideas into projects, making them capable of implementing them on a scientific basis and achieve positive sustainable change.”
Since its inception in 2004, YLP has directly transformed the lives of 2,650 young people who in turn, have positively impacted about 7,680 people. Today, more than 60% of the YLP alumni network are advocating for good governance and leadership in their communities, and are making significant contributions across the nation.
The Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) is a 4-month Leadership programme for young Nigerian undergraduates aged 18 – 30years which aims to equip and empower them with the relevant skills and knowledge to develop their communities and beyond.
- Applicnt should be a male or female undergraduate in a tertiary institution in Nigeria;
- Aged 18 – 30 years of age;
- Committed to attending the online training and is available for mentoring;
- Passionate about community development & improving the lives of others;
- Familiar with the SDGs and eager to learn more about them;
- Interested in volunteerism & other forms of active citizenship;
- Eager to understand Civic Education, Politics and Governance in Nigeria.
How To Apply
- Stage 1 – Application: Application by filling the registration form below
- Stage 2 – Online Training: All Applicants are on boarded onto the LEAP Africa Learning Management System for three weeks to interact with the Self-paced Courses that form the YLP Curriculum
- Stage 3 – Virtual Community of Practice: Participants are integrated into a Virtual Community where learning resources, program updates and other development opportunities will be shared. Participants are also encouraged to interact with one another, promoting collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Stage 4 – Screening & Mentorship: Applicants will be screened based on Course completion rates. Only Applicants that have completed all modules will be allowed to be a part of the Live Mentorship Sessions
- Stage 5 – Change Project Pitch & Implementation: Applicants will be asked to form teams of 5 persons each. Note that teams can only be formed with individuals that registered for the YLP and completed the Online Training. These teams will go ahead to pitch their innovative ideas to tackle social issues. These ideas must align with the Sustainable Development Goals. Selected teams will be supported with subgrants to carry out Change Projects
- Stage 6 – Program Wrap Up: Participants/Teams will be evaluated and recognized for work done for four months of the Youth Leadership Program. Finally, successful participants are inducted into LEAP Africa’s Network of successful alumni who are thought-leaders and professionals across different spheres.