Italian Government Educational Grants 2022/2023| The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens* and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)**for the academic year 2022-23 in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world. Read Through.
Grants are offered to complete study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions.
Scholarships are available to attend academic courses on the Italian territory only.
- Bennett Jones Future Leaders in Law Scholarship Program 2022 ( Up To $10,000) Apply Here
- Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award 2022 (Up to $10,000) Only U.S. Citizens
1) Master’s Degree: Grants for Master’s Degree courses are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months. Admission to the first year of a Master’s Degree course in Italy requires the completion of a Bachelor’s degree; admission to the second year is granted to applicants who can prove satisfactory academic progress with their first year exams.
2) Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM): Grants for Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM) are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months. To be admitted to an Italian AFAM Institute, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant Institute.
3) PhD program: Grants for a PhD program are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months. To be admitted to a PhD in Italy, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the University; they are also required to provide the admission letter to the PhD from the relevant Italian University.
4) Research projects under academic supervision: This type of grants can be awarded to research projects carried out at Italian Research Institutions (i.e. Italian Research Council – CNR, Italian National Institute of Health – ISS, Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics – INFN, Italian National Institute for Astrophysics – INAF, The Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – ISPRA, and others), public or recognized Universities, Museums and Archives
5) Italian language and culture advanced courses: Grants for Italian language and culture courses are awarded for a period of 3 (three) months exclusively to students attending an Italian course at a University or at an Italian Cultural Institute.
- The winner of a MAECI scholarship, based on the starting date of the grant and the number of months indicated in the “Dichiarazione di assegnazione di borsa di studio” (Awarding Letter), will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid quarterly to the personal current account, opened in his/her name, with an Italian banking Institution.
Health and Medical Insurance:
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
Illnesses depending on pre-existing physical or pathological conditions and dental care are excluded from the insurance coverage. Grantees coming from EU countries are advised to get the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
Applications must be sent exclusively through the STUDY IN ITALY portal. Applicants must be in possession of a valid passport or identity card. They must upload a legible photocopy of the document at the time of registration, under penalty of exclusion.
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of28 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022), with the sole exception of renewals
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022)
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervisionshould have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 40 years and 364 daysby the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022).
How To Apply:
The grant is incompatible with any other grant offered by the Italian Government or any other Italian public institution, including the scholarships provided by educational regional authorities and agencies.
The Grant is compatible with other European programs, such as Erasmus and Erasmus+, and other scholarships offered by international institutions, but it will not be paid for the periods of study outside Italy.
* Indian citizens should also register their application on the website of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/)
** IRE grants are offered for the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Peru, South Africa, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2022