How to Apply UNESCO Young Professional Programme (YPP) 2023 | The portal for UNESCO Young Professional Programme 2023 are now open, Do you need financial support to advance educationally? UNESCO is here to help you, focus attention read the application instruction carefully and apply.
Application Deadline: Unspecified
This year UNESCO Young Professional Programme (YPP) aims to improve the geographical representation, promote gender parity in the Organization at international level. This programme provides talented, highly qualified university graduates and young professionals from non- and under- represented Member States the opportunity to join UNESCO at the early stage of their professional career.
- How to Apply FSDH Female Founders Growth Programme 2023 (Get up to $50,000 and 1 million)
- How to Apply NDDC Post Graduate Scholarship (Master’s) 2023
- Every biennium, due account taken of the availability of posts at P-1/P-2 level, UNESCO recruits up to 20 Young Professionals. The launching date of each programme varies from year to year
- The Bureau of Human Resources Management of UNESCO sends a call for applications to National Commissions and Permanent Delegations of non- or under-represented Member States. Each National Commission is responsible for the dissemination of this information and for the pre-selection at national level
- Candidates send their applications to the National Commission or the Permanent Delegation of their country of citizenship. National Commissions and Permanent Delegations review all applications and submit a list of candidates to the Bureau of Human Resources Management at UNESCO
- UNESCO does not accept applications sent directly to the Organization.
- Nationality: Candidates should be nationals from non- and under-represented Member States at UNESCO.
- Age: Less than 32 years (inclusive)
- Education: an advanced university degree in education, culture, science, social and human sciences or communication, or in a field related to the management and administration of an international organization. This will be specified in the vacancy announcement
- Languages: fluent English or French. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset. Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese is an additional asset.
- Previous experience: initial professional experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
How to Apply UNESCO Young Professional Programme (YPP) 2023
All applications are reviewed by a committee which will establish a shortlist based on the following:
- Academic qualifications
- Motivation/statement of interest
- Presentation of the application
- Language and writing skills
- Level of professional experience
Interviews and evaluation
The shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a video interview followed by a panel interview. The interviews provides candidates with an opportunity to demonstrate their communication skills, team spirit, analytical skills, sense of initiative, creativity, flexibility and adaptability
In addition to interviews, tests may be required to determine the related competencies as well as the level of proficiency in the working languages of UNESCO (English and French).
UNESCO will send a letter of appointment to successful candidates. In the other case, UNESCO will inform the interested National Commissions and Permanent Delegations