Children’s Prize Foundation Grant 2022 | The Children’s Prize Foundation Grant 2022 portal is now open, The Children’s Prize is a program of The Children’s Prize Foundation, a US 501c3 private not for profit foundation, The Prize Up to $150,000 will awarded to scientifically-minded individuals with a passion for global child health and a strong commitment to verify the impact of their work.
Do you have an effective intervention aimed at saving the lives of children under the age of five? Apply now for the 2022 Children’s Prize to End Child Mortality.
Between 2013 and 2021, the Prize has awarded over $2,000,000.00 to such individuals and organizations across the globe. In 2014, two projects were selected as case studies to strengthen the development and more accurately determine the impact of child mortality of a Prize focused on data and scientific proof. These case studies served as real-world scenarios to help us better understand what changes needed to be made in terms of data collection and analysis, and how the Prize could be refined to best address those needs.
- SASSA Child Support CSG Top-Up Grant 2022
- UN World Food Forum
- D-Prize Empowerment For Aspiring Entrepreneur (Up To $20,000 USD) How to Apply
Child mortality is a core indicator for child health and well-being, in which child survival remains an urgent concern. It is unacceptable that about 14,250 children die every day- equivalent to about 10 deaths occurring every minute.
Majority of these deaths can be attributed to treatable causes, infectious diseases and neonatal complications being responsible for the vast majority of under-five deaths globally. According to the latest estimates by WHO and the Maternal and Child Epidemiology Estimation Group, of the 5.2 million deaths in children under five that occurred in 2019, the leading causes of death were pneumonia, diarrhoea, and malaria.
Almost half of all under-five deaths are attributable to nutrition related factors, while more than 80 percent of neonatal deaths occur among newborn infants of low birth weights in the highest burden settings.
The Challenge: Propose a ready-to-execute project plan that is focused on saving children’s lives under-five.
- The winner will have the opportunity to enter into a $150,000 grant agreement.
- The Children’s Prize is available to anyone.
- Proposals will be accepted from non-profits (charities), for profits (companies), government programs, academic institutions, and individuals aged 18 years or older. However, the prize funds may only be used for charitable purposes, as specified in the contest goals.
Projects are evaluated on their:
- Ability to impact rates within a child mortality indicator (U5MR, IMR, NMR, etc.)
- Innovation and scalability of the intervention approach within global health
- Feasibility of the proposed lives-saved estimate
- Probability of success
- Ease of verification
- Inclusion of a process impact assessment
How To Apply
Application is basically a three-step process. The first step is to submit an entry form application detailing your project. This is reviewed and if your entry is selected for the next round, then an email invitation will be sent to you to complete a full Prize Plan application submission.
This is reviewed further and if your plan is selected for the next round, then a finalist email notification will be sent to you to participate in a required Question & Answer and Judging process.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022