African Export-Import Bank Internship Opportunities 2022 | The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) has open Internship Opportunities for young Africa 2022. The Internship Opportunities is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for the purposes of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. The shareholders comprise African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors. how to apply
See more opportunities
The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member states and multilateral organizations which confers the status of an international organisation on the Bank, as well as a charter, governing its corporate structure and operations and signed by all shareholders.
The Bank is headquartered in Cairo, Egypt and currently operates branches in Harare, Zimbabwe (opened in November 1996); in Abuja, Nigeria (opened in January 2003); in Abidjan, Ivory Coast (opened in 2015) and Nairobi, Kenya (in 2015).
African Export-Import Bank Internship Opportunities 2022:
The Bank recognises that as part of its mandate to promote and finance trade in Africa, it needs to facilitate a broader understanding of the problems of African trade and trade finance as well as the principles of trade finance, and especially structured trade finance, which is its operating model. By offering good students a chance for an internship with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and generally, to trade in Africa. It is also expected that the interns will also contribute fresh and diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank. The Internship is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries a list of which is available on the Bank’s website. The programme attracts a lot of highly qualified candidates. Entry into the programme based on merit.
The Bank will, on gratis terms, provide the following to successful interns:
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location using the most economic and direct routing from their institution of learning, in line with the Bank’s travel policy;
- A monthly tax free stipend of USD 800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living costs;
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, basing on their previous location;
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure at the end of a successful internship programme; and
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship programme, if so required.
The programme is open to students who are :
- Students with proven enrollment in full time undergraduate or post graduate study programmes in a recognised institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields;
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President;
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this programme.
The internships are offered for up to a maximum of six months twice a year (June and December). Applications for internship are received throughout the year.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to complete an online internship application form along with the following:
- Letter of application;
- copy of their current CV;
- copy of valid passport ;
- certified copies of relevant academic certificates;
- recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months;
- Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship programme;
Application Deadline: Unspecify